~on a sugar high~

Every year in December, the kids invite friends to ride
the bus home with them after school for our annual gingerbread decorating party.
This year we changed things up a little
and decorated cookies instead of houses.
The kids made the dough, rolled it out, and cut out the shapes. ~ Best friends~

I put the boys in the kitchen, away from the girls.
I though it would be a little quieter this way!
It wasn't.
Oh well, your only little once!


The girls had so much fun!

This group of girls is great.
Most of them have known
each other since kindergarten, some preschool!


Unfortunately this was also the day I got food poisoning
and started feeling sick right in the middle of the party.
The kids didn't mind that I was laying on the couch though, like I said, we've all known each other for a long time!


Their cookies were smothered in sugary goodness!
Yummy!


These are works of art!


A 3-d cookie!


The kids got really creative, I always love seeing what they come up with!


A lot of the candy came from Cabela's.
They have great green apple licorice and tasty gumdrops!


What are some of your family's traditions?
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment