~kitchen photos finally~

I have updated a few things in our kitchen.
Things I have been wanting to do for a while, but just couldn't find the time.
So, here they are......
First up, I painted these craft store cardboard letters with restoration hardware "slate" paint and put them above the kitchen sink. It was super inexpensive, which is good for me because I seem to have an obsession about changing out this area every few months!
Before I did anything I painted the walls from Ralph Lauren's Roadster White back to Behr's Teepee Brown, which it was originally.
The White was too stark for my taste and it felt "cold"


I also painted all the cabinets to match the island~Ralph Lauren's Oatmeal.

I distressed them with a glaze to give them a little character too.


Then I refinished our hardwoods.
I am telling you, I had no idea how this was going to turn out, but I was more than willing to try it seeing as how it would cost about $400.00 as opposed to $4000.00 to have someone come in and do it for us.
I will say, it was the easiest and smartest thing I could have ever done.
One professional looked at our floors and told us they were beyond repair.
Wish he could see them now!
I used a min wax stain called "Jacobean"
Love them!
What a difference!



I haven't really started decorating for Christmas yet, which is not like me.
This is about the extent of it so far!

Here is a close up of one of the cabinets.
You can see the glaze I used on them.
I didn't even prime.
I had the paint color matched to the new Behr paint that has the primer built in.
I did seal them with leftover floor sealer, and I sanded them first.
{they were originally maple}


Ours floors are pine and previously only had a clear finish, so they were very light.
I love, love, love the darker color!

Another close up of one of the doors.


Most of the dishes in my glass front cabinets came from TJ Maxx, like the 2 pitchers here.


I do love my anthro mugs.


We bought a new pendant light for over our island.
I love the finish on it and it is just the right size.


I love that it has a touch of "bling"


Honestly this is my favorite thing in the kitchen.
It's rusty old metal stool I picked up at a flea market.
I love it because it is used by my little guy when he helps me bake.
I'll be so sad when he doesn't need a stool anymore!


This old wood tote has moved all over the house.
I got it at a flea market as well,
and it currently sits on our island by the stove top
and holds olive oils, salt & pepper, and napkins.
Very handy.


Remember this Pottery Barn shelf?
It now hangs over my desk area in the kitchen.


It holds a ton of stuff and I have found having wrapping supplies nearby is very helpful.



I looked for a long time for an antique kilim rug, but couldn't
ever commit to buying one online.
I am one of those people that likes to see something in person.


I came across this wool rug at Marshall's.
It was not only the perfect size and color, but it was only $59!


I am still loving our chalkboard wall.



So, that's it.
Some new accessories, painted cabinets, and stained floors.
That should tide me over for a while!


If you have any questions about anything I did or something you saw on this post, leave me a comment, I will answer all your questions shortly!
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment