~pacific northwest table scape~

I blogged about our dining room not too long ago here,
but didn't include the table.

I wanted to go with a rustic look, a nod to where we live, the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
We are surrounded by trees and  mountains.
We live on a lake. 
So I wanted to incorporate all of the natural elements you would find right outside the door.

The main centerpiece is a big garden urn I got at Home Depot years ago.
I filled it with cedar branches from the yard, added a few pinecones, and topped it off with some fake pears.

I also filled the base of the lantern hanging above with pinecones.

 Each place setting has a pinecone on it.
These were purchased as I did not want little creepy crawlers on the table.
 I added a lot of pinecones, rocks believe it or not, antlers and more greenery.
 Once a year I get out my grandparents French wine and beer glasses.
 I think they are so beautiful!
 The wine decanter is something new.
I got it at World Market and you can find it here.
 I bought some faux birch bark sheets here, and wrapped them around battery operated candles.
I just left the leftover scraps on the table all rolled up.
 In keeping with the "natural" theme, I made these place card holders out of rocks from the yard and some wire I had on hand.
 Then I just printed out names on scrapbook paper, and slid them in the wire on top.
 The table runner is from here.

 I used a mix of vintage silverware.



 I even added a little rusty trout!
He looks like he is swimming up the table.


~There you have it~
 Now I just need to fill the table with family and friends for a big holiday feast! 
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment