~girls craft night!~

I love getting together with friends, and I love crafting.
So why not craft with friends?
Once a month I will be hosting a craft night at my house.
I just hosted my first one and it was so fun.
We made a scrap wreath, a beginners kind of craft, which was good because a lot of people I know have never done crafty things.
Everyones wreath turned out gorgeous.
I might just leave mine up year round.

 I prepared by pre-cutting a gazillion strips of various width fabrics in 7" strips.
Turns out, a gazillion more were needed.
If you do this project, cut more than you think.
You want to rip the fabric so it has frayed edges, varying widths, and you can use ribbon too.
I cut up old grain sacks, ticking, flour sacks, drop cloths, etc. 

Then you just start tying them onto a wire form. 
Work your way around, twisting and turning the fabrics for a random look.
 We added these darling flower fabrics that my friend Michelle made for everyone.
Thanks Michelle!
 The puppy slept at our feet the whole night. :)
 Cookies with hot chocolate, home made whipped cream, and peppermint candies on top
~yum~
Can't have a girls night without chocolate!
 My friend Tracie who blogs here.
Isn't she gorgeous?
 When she got home she sent me this picture of her wreath.
I love how she displayed it!
My brain is already going crazy thinking of a craft for January!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment