~our hot chocolate station~

This was last years hot cocoa station:

It was dressed up all pretty for the Better Homes and Gardens Magazine shoot, but since then, my computer crashed and I have no pictures of it from that actual day :(
So this photo was before they styled it.
One thing they did was change out my dressing recipe for a hot cocoa recipe which I thought was genius! However, they only shot the bottom 2 shelves, so the enlargement they had made only covers the lower portion.

This is how it looks today.
I didn't paint, the lighting must just be different.
Anyway, I kept it super simple.
Our microwave sits below the bottom shelf, right at kid level, so they can make their own cup of cocoa whenever they want. I usually have a jar of chocolate espresso beans or candy canes nearby as well.
I got a few vintage white bottle brush trees and put those on the 
 center shelf with the ironstone and other white pieces.
I embellished the glass apothecary jars with ribbons and bling.
Another jar is filled spoons.

It's pretty plain Jane, but that's kinda how I am liking things these days!

I also wanted to take a minute to address the tragedy in Connecticut.
My thoughts and prayers are with the families whose lives will never be the same.
I'm still kind of in shock over the whole thing.
I cried as I watched the news.
What happened was unthinkable.

xoxo 


0 comments:

Post a Comment