~a s'mores themed baby shower~

 My sweet sister in law Jaime, due in March with her 3rd baby!
{just to clarify, that is a virgin martini!}
 I wanted to do something a little different,
 so I went with a s'mores theme with some woodsy elements.
Colors were chocolate brown, sage green, and baby blue.

 I had a pine cone garland I used to run the length of the table. 
The "runner" is just wrapping paper.
 I had so much fun cooking for this shower, however, I think I gained 20 pounds.
S'mores cake in a jar recipe can be found here.
 I found the wooden spoons online on a restaurant supply website.
 The best s'mores cookies ever!
Recipe here.
 S'mores brownie bars recipe can be found here.
I used chunks of wood from the yard to add different heights to the food plates.
My pottery barn squirrel place card holders came in handy here.
I printed out the labels on sticker paper and after cutting them out, stuck them onto scrapbook paper.
~ S'mores kabobs~
I simply melted chocolate chips and dipped large marshmallows in, 
then immediately into graham cracker crumbs.
I then put them onto wooden skewers.

 The mini s'more cupcakes were store bought from a local bakery.
 They had a toasted marshmallow topping~yum

 My friend Trina made s'mores martinis.

 The guests really enjoyed them, and so did I!
 Even the mommy to be enjoyed her non alcholic version!
 I might have gotton a little camera happy.
 For other drinks, I turned Starbucks Frappucinos into
 custom drinks using my printer, sticker paper, and ribbon.


 I can't get enough of these striped straws!
 It was a really fun night!


 Fresh flowers made the place very festive.

 Each guest got to take home a little favor box.

 The inside contained a s'mores kit.
 All the fixings to make your own s'mores, a cute print out,
 Hershey bars with custom labels, and matches with custom labels.

 Jaime got showered with love......
What a fun, fun night!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment