~questions answered~

 First off, sorry for my absence.
I have had a bad head cold going on a week now, and today I woke up with a migraine.
Anyway, I had some questions on my buffet and the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
 I used, as well as questions on my dining table.

I'll start off with the buffet.
The picture above was found on pinterest and was my inspiration for my buffet. 
I liked the size, the color, and the fact that it had drawers and doors. 
Like I mentioned before, the buffet I got on craigslist had a thick varnish on it.
A lot of you asked if it's really the truth that you don't have to sand or prime before using chalk paint.

YES, that is correct! 

Is it durable? 

YES, it is!

I recommend using the Annie Sloan Wax as a topcoat,
 but other than that, nothing else is needed~pinky promise!
The color I used is called Old White.
I used a combination of the clear wax with a tiny bit of the dark wax in some spots, just to highlight detail.

 Moving along to the dining table.
Chris and I purchased this table brand new about 10 years ago.
We bought it from a fancy shmancy furniture store and paid big bucks back then.
It was the first set of matching "nice" furniture we ever bought together!
Since we have had it, I have sold the matching chairs and added these cream cross back chairs and upholstered ones to the ends.
The table originally had a dark finish similar to what the buffet looked like in the before.
We lived with it like that for a while, then I painted it black.
After living with that look for a while I decided I really wanted that raw wood look like Restoration Hardware has on many of their pieces. 
So, I got out my handy dandy palm sander and just started sanding away.
I started with a coarse grit and worked my way down to a fine grit sandpaper.
The result is what you see here.
I didn't take all the little bits of black off because after 4 hours of sanding,
 I thought I was surely going to have to amputate my arm.
I did end up putting a furniture wax on the top to prevent rings from glasses.
I think I used Bri-wax from home depot. 
This was before I knew about Annie Sloan wax. 
I would have used it if I had known about it.
I hope I answered all of your questions!
I am going back to bed to nurse this cold.
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment