~what I did this weekend~

this is the story about how one project always leads into another...
Once the living room was painted,
I decided that for a more cohesive look,
the adjoining dining room should be the same color.
{Insert husband rolling his eyes at me}
So this weekend I painted away......
then since everything was down off the walls,
I decided it would be a good time to change things up a bit.
I had a vintage door that was narrow, 20" wide.
I ripped it in half length wise on a table saw
{thanks to my dad actually}
I then ran to Home Depot and bought some wood brackets that I painted out the same color as the wall
{Ralph Lauren: Oatmeal}
I attached the "doors" to the brackets and voila~new shelving!
They are about 6' long so they hold a ton of stuff!
I decided to bring out the Halloween decor, and here you go!
I made the Happy Halloween flag and
you can also see my altered art Halloween piece on the left
{in my etsy shop}
I got these vintage stamps at Faded Elegance in Snohomish
I framed some of our new family photos we just had taken!
I got these glittery skull candle holders last yr.
after Halloween at Pottery Barn, and put crows everywhere!

I brought out some vintage ironstone
that I had buried in the cupboards....
Another crow keeping my nephew company.
You can find these at the dollar tree.....
I don't think my family likes
what is on the menu tonight!
So, what do you think?
Please don't tell me you liked it the way it was before,
I think I might have a heart attack!
Take care, xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment