~living room make over~

You have been so patient!
Shall we start with the before photo?
Very woodsy, rustic, warm and cozy, but dark.... After........
New ektorp sectional from Ikea with the svanby beige linen slipcover.
Love it and we have already had one ketchup incident that was easily removed with a little resolve!
I had this oar on the wall before, hung it up exactly where it was.
This basket was a flea market find from a ways back, and I already had the lamps.

I love fresh flowers and especially lilies because of the scent of them!
Our temp. coffee table is this leather Pottery Barn ottoman.
It actually works for now so it might stay!

Here is the matching Pottery Barn chair.
They were both craigslist finds, or scores I should say!
Super comfy, love them and they make my husband happy!
I already had the round white table, it is from TJ Maxx.

I got this old suitcase at the flea market I went to a little while ago.
I filled up these utilitarian shelving units (had to have them to house the dvd player, etc)
with vintage metal locker baskets and old sap buckets.
They now hold kids' dvd's, remotes, etc.

The wall color I went with is Oatmeal by Ralph Lauren,
2 coats of Kilz primer and 1 coat of paint, and one arm with more muscle in it than the other!


An overall shot of the room looking into the adjoining dining room and kitchen.
My handy hubby built these columns that flank either side of the opening going into the kitchen.
I painted them out, as well as all the window trim with a white from Ben Moore in a "soft glow"
The pictures on the wall are in frames I made out of vintage chippy wood.
The couch is piled high with pillows, mostly cream to match the couch, one is a ticking stripe and one is a burlap feed sack pillow I bought from The Barn House Boys at the Farm Chicks flea market!

I opted to leave the ceiling wood.
It was a win win situation for my husband and I and I am happy I did. It's still cozy and not too "shabby"
We just hung the Veranda chandelier last night so sorry to say it wasn't in these pictures!
We took down Mr. Deer head and replaced it with a 47" flat screen flanked by topiaries.
The same pictures I had on the wall before (only another wall) now are hung on either side of the fireplace.
They are black and white pictures from Crystal Lake in the 40's.



This table was another one of my finds at the flea market a few weeks ago. It's a whopping 7' long! The legs were too short so I removed them and added 4'x4's painted out Ralph Lauren roadster white. Now it's the perfect height!
I love the rustic planked top!


Here is a shot from our kitchen and shows the detail of the columns.

A HUGE thank you to my friend
Kim
for taking these photos!
You are the best!
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment