~eat your veggies~

I have a confession.

I rarely eat vegetables.

Truth be told I only eat zucchini if it's in bread,

and I only eat lettuce if it's smothered in dressing or on a sandwich..

My kids are the same.

Especially Savannah.

She is the world's pickiest eater.

She doesn't eat meat.

Loves dessert.

Hum, wonder where she gets that from?

So, what am I getting at?

Well, I found this recipe for a smoothie here.

It's filled with yummy juice, strawberries, and oh yeah, SPINACH!

Shhh!

Don't tell!

My kids literally beg me to make this for them every morning before school!

The tricky part is getting the spinach in without them seeing!

I have to admit, it's very good......

Here is the recipe: give it the taste test, I guarantee your gonna love it and your kids will never know they are drinking their veggies!


{I modified mine a little from Seleta's}


Ingredients:


2 heaping cups raw organic spinach leaves


1 scoop vanilla protein powder


1 cup frozen strawberries, or a little more,

depending on how much you need to cover up the green!


1 cup orange juice


2-4 Tablespoons fat free half and half


Blend well in a blender on high until there are no signs of spinach.


That's it!


xoxo

don't forget everything in my etsy shop is 20% off!

{click on the etsy shop tab at the top of this page}





0 comments:

Post a Comment