~Jen's evolution party link up~

My friend Jen is having a party,

and I am never one to miss a party!

On her blog she shares how her style has changed over the years.

I got such a kick out of reading it and seeing her before and afters.

I too have gone through many styles.

I remember when we first renovated our kitchen we were so excited about our BRASS hardware!

Now you couldn't pay me enough money to put those up again!

Anyway, our living room did not always look like this. It actually looked like this at one point.

You like that deer head?

Going for the typical lodge look, we purchased leather sofas and knotty pine furniture.
I actually liked the furniture, but after I painted the walls, it just didn't go.

This was always an awkward corner to me.

I made the sign, kinda wish I would have kept it, but it's in a new home now.


I really loved this sofa table too. It was HUGE and super expensive, although I got a really good deal on it. It had horseshoe drawer pulls and I topped it with an antler lamp.
The couch had leather pillows with fringe, some of them cowhide.
I actually liked this room, but it always felt really dark.
So, out came the "oatmeal" paint!
Then came my Ikea sectional which I love.
This photo was taken right after we completed the room.
It has even changed since then.
{and so has the dining room in the background!}

This is the wall behind the sofa.
Up until a week ago it looked like this.



Then I added some black frames.



So, I'd say our living room went from lackluster lodge to eclectic chic!

Be sure to check out Jen's blog for her photos and a lot of others!

xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment