~where I blog from~

Happy Wednesday!
This is the story of a small project that turned into a bigger one.

We had roads closed yesterday so I either had the option to stay home or be out all day.
I decided to stay home and get some loose ends tied up.
I took everything off the kitchen walls and spackled all the holes.
Then I got ready to re-paint.
I was going to use the same color but when I went to get it I realized I was out.
I couldn't leave so I used what I had
~Roadster white by Ralph Lauren.~
It's a pretty soft cream.

With a freshly painted kitchen I decided to update my little office nook.
I recently bought some old wood moulding at a flea market and I made it into this frame.
It's big measuring approx. 2'x3'
I then got one of my favorite pictures out of my son when he was 3 and had it enlarged.

The piece of wood on top of the picture is a piece of really old French moulding.
The detail is amazing. I paid just $5 for it at a garage sale!
I left the old nails in it because I think it adds to it's character and charm.


The skinny door on the right I purchased at an antique store for $12.
I was originally going to turn it into a chalkboard, but I think now I will just hang a pretty little calendar from it.


The desk is from Pottery Barn.
It really works well.
It has 3 drawers, the bottom being a file cabinet.

I snipped some blooms from our gardens and
placed them in a container I already had.
The "books" are actually boxes that I keep bills in.

Here is a little close up of the fabulous old mouldings.
I love the detail and I love how there is only a hint of paint left on both pieces.

There you have it!
This is where I blog from!
Have a great day friends!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment