~mixing & matching white dishes~

Good morning friends!
I woke up this morning with white dishes on my mind.
Why you ask?
I have no idea.
However, I'd like to take a minute to talk about dressing
a table with mix & match white dishes.
White dishes are so beautiful on their own.
However, if you mix a wide variety of old and new,
different sizes, textures, shapes, your table will take on a whole new look.
{photo: unknown}Every time I am at a thrift store or garage sale,
the first thing I do is look for white dishes.
They don't all have to be ironstone or worth a lot of money.
Layering white on white just looks gorgeous
and it shouldn't cost a lot of money!
{photo:country living}

Thrift stores are also great places to pick up white
serving pieces and also stemware like in this photo.
A lot of times peoples dishes will break and therefore
you will find one piece here and there.
Lucky for us~that is what we are looking for.
{photo:country living}

So next time you are out thrifting, don't pass by that lonely white plate, or pitcher.
In a short time you will have a whole collection to set a beautiful table with!

{photo:southern living}

I am off to go spend 2 days on our boat with the family.
It's going to be HOT!
Have a great weekend!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment