~reveal day~

The room is done!
I hope you like it!
I also wanted to thank each and every one of you for
following me along this week and for all of your
kind encouraging comments. I read every single one of them, thanks so much!
I am warning you, there are a lot of pictures here,
so you may want to grab a cup of coffee!
I love how the white chandelier now stands out against those brown walls.
{chandelier by Kathy Ireland and purchased at Lamps Plus}
Here is what you see as you walk in the room.
I got the little French love seat at a garage sale for $25.00 and covered it in Ikea curtains which set me back $7 at the Goodwill.
I love how it turned out and $7 was much cheaper than
the $450 quote I got for getting it professionally recovered.

I threw the white tissue paper pom poms in just for fun.
I don't know if they will stay.
Guess what though?
She loves EVERYTHING!

I picked up these shutters at a garage sale and paid $5 for the pair.
They were a hideous purple, and a gazillion coats of paint later
they fit right in with the whole white scheme.

The chair by her bed was a Goodwill find at, get this, $1.29!
It had a tan cover, so we had to replace that which was $30 at Ikea.
Not a bad though for $31.29.
The ottoman I picked up at Goodwill as well.
I covered it with a slipcover I made out of a white sheet.

Most of the bedding is Shabby Chic
with the exception of the euro shams, bolster pillow,
and bed skirt, which I made.


I love all the light that the huge window lets in!

Walking down the hall to her room this is what
you see now instead of that gigantic rock wall.
Much, much better!
My husband did an amazing job on the drywall
and we had so much fun working together!
This was the frame I got at an antique store for $40.



Her bookshelf now holds candy instead of books.
{what kind of example am I setting here?}
For all you dentists out there:
I only got the kind of candy she doesn't like,
with the exception of the whoppers!


I made this "cake" out of boxes found at Goodwill.
They are the round tin ones you sometimes can buy cookies in.
They were all under 99 cents.
I covered them in scrapbook paper and added tissue paper fringe, pom poms, and vintage millinery flowers, etc.


I found this closet door at an antique store before her room was even built.

We made the openingto fit this door during the construction.

This is the old rock wall.
My husband made the TV so it sits flush in the opening.
To the right of the TV is the closet.
The 4 plates you see under the TV are from Rosanna.
{I have close ups of them coming up}


This is on one side of the bed.
This French armoire holds some of her clothes and odds and ends.

Here is a close up of the shutters.


Have you seen these ginormous marshmallows?
The are freakishly big.
We actually made smores last night with them
and about a 1/4th of one fits on one cracker.
Very fun!

This is her new bulletin board.
This is the frame I picked up at a garage sale for $3.
It's HUGE.
She can put whatever she wants on it.
For now I just ripped pages out of a cake
cookbook and put a few "foodie" items up.


Here is the view from the french doors,
looking at the entrance to her room.
One thing I saw that I would love in here was a chocolate brown cowhide.
I think it would look great in front of the love seat,
but my budget isn't allowing for it right now!

I had this canvas made here.
It has her initial and her birth date on it!
It's one of my favorite things!



This little love seat has the sweetest curves!

Savannah made this paper mache bunny earlier
this summer at another camp.
~so special to me~
I love art projects made by the kids.

I made these Euro shams out of white feed sacks.
I purchased the feather/down inserts on eBay.


i. want. candy.

So, what did I do with all those pez dispensers you ask?
Well, I couldn't think of things to do with all 350 of them,
but some went into glass apothecary jars
and a few I put in this shadowbox.
I simply hung them with Velcro so she can switch them out.
I think it would be great to do a seasonal display,
but maybe I am a little nutty.

I don't think you've ever met Lola and Blueberry?
They are the kids' new parakeets.
We got them a few months ago, and we all love them.
They sing the sweetest songs!
Would you believe I got this cage at a garage sale for $7?
{OK, now I'm starting to sound like a garage sale junkie!}

THE bed.
Layers and layers and layers of white heaven.


My friend Trina got me this candle to use in her room.
It's called pink sugar.
So now her room is not only filled with candy,
but it smells like candy.



I got a few vintage aprons to hang from these hooks.
Now, if only I remembered what I did with them.....

I made this white pennant banner out of a old white sheet and bias tape.
The curtains are inexpensive white sailcloth from Target.

Here are the adorable plates I found at the Rosanna sale in Seattle.
Click here to visit their blog and you can be notified of upcoming sales.



I love the little sayings and how whimsical they are.


But, I saved the best for last.
Here is the play by play of Savannah walking into her room.
She had NO idea, she was truly speechless and kept
saying her cheeks hurt from smiling so big!
Yep, it was all worth it!!!

Thanks for coming along with me, and again,
thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your comments!
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment