~the little French loveseat~


I wanted to share with you a peek at what the little love seat
in Savannah's room looked like when I purchased it.
It wasn't horrible, but the upholstery was dingy and a dated crushed velvet.
I saw it's potential though with it's great curves and petite size.
I knew it would be great at the foot of her bed.
After I hauled her home I began getting quotes for either slip covering it or getting it re-upholstered.
{that is why you see the dimensions in this photo}
Slip covering it would have set me back about $350
and re-upholstering it would cost about $450.00.
Seeing as how it was only $25 to start with, that price wasn't horrible.
But it also was not in my budget for my daughters room.
So I attempted to tackle the job myself using $7 white curtains from
Ikea that I found at the Goodwill.
{thank goodness their curtains are so long!}

Normally this isn't something I would try and tackle on my own.
But because of the large savings I thought it was worth a try.
It actually wasn't too hard.
I realize it isn't as perfect as it would have been had I had a professional do it,
but it is just fine for it's purpose
and the money I saved was well worth it.
I cut and stapled, and stapled and cut.

And out of a pair of curtains I had enough to not only
cover the love seat, but cover the cushions as well,
fully piped and everything.


I covered the staples with white trim and fabric glue and painted the legs white.
I threw on some white down pillows and a velvet
chocolate brown pillow to tie in the wall color.

And there you have it.
A pretty little French love seat for around $35.
xoxo

p.s. Emalee, Savannah says hi, and please tell your mom thanks for reading my blog! You should email Savannah, she'd love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment