~end of day one~

I am finished for the day!
Whew!
I have a secret to share with you......
I bet you didn't know Savannah's room had this giant rock wall in it?
It is the backside of our living room fireplace.
At the time we built her bedroom addition I had this great idea to make this a focal point in the room.
Yeah, not such a great idea.
It has looked out of place in there ever since.
Therefore, I have never shown it because I think it is UGLY!
Savannah has been begging her dad to drywall over it for a good year now.
He always said it would be a shame to cover up all that hard work and money.
Well, he must really love her because.......
it's magically gone!
More on that later!
I woke up at 6:30 am and cleared the
room and took everything off the walls.


Then I used Spackle and filled in all the holes on the walls.

While that was drying I made a bed skirt.
Her bed is unusually high and they don't make a bed skirt with a 24" drop.
So I combined a shabby chic white bed skirt and a tablecloth believe it or not.
We will see if it looks OK once I get it on!
I also covered a bolster pillow but I'm not that happy
with how it turned out so I may not use it.

Next I painted her closet door, her french doors, her shelves, and her bed
all white.
They were previously all pink.

I used Ben Moore dove white as recommended by this great friend.
I trust her so much that I had my husband pick up 2 gallons of the paint before I even knew what shade of white it was.
I love it.
It's not too stark, yet still a white white.


My husband got off early around lunchtime
so I helped him unload his Home Depot load.

This is where the fireplace comes into play.
He framed up all around it and............


added a flat screen TV!!!
I think I may just move into this room!
This was a huge splurge but having sold
some of her bedroom furniture, I felt it justified it!

Next came the drywall.
My husband HATES to drywall.
But he did it,
and I didn't hear a single swear word.

The taping and mudding was another story.
I left the room for that.

So now as you walk down the hall to her
bedroom you don't see the rock wall.

~And that's all for day 1~
Thanks for all your comments!
I actually pretty much already got rid of everything pink
in her room,
but if there is anything left I'll do another garage sale on my blog!
Tomorrow comes paint, I can't wait to see it up.
Not so excited about painting the 20' walls, yuck!
~Night night~
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment