~DIY chevron pumpkins~

Did you see the cover of Country Living?
I thought the zig zag pumpkins were too cool so I decided to make some of my own.
I started with 2 foam pumpkins from Target. 
The larger one was I think $8, and the smaller one around $4.
I started at the top using painters tape and taped out my pattern.
I used a razor blade to trim off the excess tape.
Here is my smaller white one all taped off and ready for paint. 
I used white spray paint on the large orange one,
 and tried brushing on latex craft paint for the white one. 
They both worked about the same.
 Once dry you can peel the tape off.
 As you can see, the paint bled through in some areas, but I am ok with that.
I could go back with a fine tip paint brush, or even a black sharpie on the little white one, but for now they are just fine.

 Are you planning any DIY projects for the season?
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment