~ {fairly} new back splash tile in our kitchen~

I did this little project this winter and never blogged about it.
Probably because our kitchen hasn't been clean long enough to take a picture!
Originally we had the same granite on the back splash as we do on the counter tops. I thought it was a bit boring and I needed a project, so I picked out this tile from Home Depot.

 It's better looking in person than the photo shows.
 It has a lot of irregularities, which I love.
Gives it a ton of texture.
 When our money tree starts producing we will update this counter top with 
black honed granite which our island has, below.
My parents have a fabulous white lilac tree which I helped myself to yesterday.
 You can see a little more of the variations in color in these close up shots.

 Do you see the lake out the window? 
Probably my favorite view from the whole house.
It has been unusually warm here for May, and the kids have spent everyday after 
school in the water until their bedtime.

When the whole kitchen is spic and span, I'll do a tour.
Probably in about 2017.
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment