~celebrating mom~

Happy Mothers day to all you moms out there! 
I wanted to share with you a fabulous drink that I had at
This recipe and the photos come straight from her fabulous blog,

 Seriously, this drink was HEAVEN! 

Monicas Lavender Martini Drops

Preparation:
1.5 oz vanilla vodka
  (I make my own with one vanilla bean…scrape the seeds.
Add seeds and pod to
3 oz. good vodka. (That way you’ll have leftovers…)
Let sit for 15 minutes
and strain…a few seeds will remain…go with it.

 A nice splash of fresh lemon juice
1 scant ounce lavender syrup
I make my own. One part superfine sugar to two
parts water…
simmer on stove top until sugar
dissolves. Remove from heat and add one
teaspoon or so of organic lavender .
Let it hang out for a while, then strain.
Add it all to a shaker, filled with ice.
Shake & serve.
Chill the glasses ahead of time if you like.
 Don’t forget to use Meyer lemon zest for garnish
and Meyer lemon juice and lavender sugar to coat the rim

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment