~an interview with Heidi~{HPJ185}

Last week I received an email.
The subject line was: 

 HPJ185.
When I opened it up, I realized quickly that it was from

If you have no idea what I am talking about, let me take you back.
I discovered this woman and her beautiful home on HGTV's Rate My Space online years ago.
I immediately became her number one stalker fan, trying to make every room in my room, look like hers!
Since putting her home on Rate My Space, she has moved, and actually is getting ready to move again.
But, she was kind enough to share photos of her current home for you all to see!

Not only that, but Heidi has a blog she just started up.
I hope you check it out, I know you won't be disappointed.
She was also kind enough to let me "interview" her........



Me: I first noticed you on HGTV's Rate My Space, is that where you are most known from?

Heidi:Yes it is. I got a pretty good following while I was on there...I even had HGTV feature one of my rooms on their Rate My Space show as an inspiration room. That was a lot of fun!

Me: What is your design style?

Heidi: I would say that I'm classic traditional with a touch of modern, and always with a French flair. I love to mix modern art with beautiful French antiques





Me: Where do you gather inspiration from?

Heidi: Everywhere! When I'm out shopping, television, blogging, magazines! I pretty much eat, sleep & breath design!
Me: You have just started a blog, will you be offering design services?

Heidi: Absolutely! I own a hair salon & work full time, plus with my move soon I will be pretty busy but I always make time for design.
 Me: Where are your favorite places to shop?

Heidi: Oh... There are lots! I live near DC so I love antiquing in Georgetown & Bethesda!  Charlottesville Va. has recently become a new favorite area for me as well. Some shops to be specific are : Random Harvest ( they have 4 locations in DC, Va & Md)
Tone on tone in Bethesda (Swedish antiques)
And George in Charlottesville
Roxie Daisy in Charlottesville
Me:  Any great design advice for anyone after "your look"?

Heidi: Always keep large upholstered pieces in a neutral color, then the look can be changed easily by changing pillows, accessories, etc. Invest in good pieces of art..they make a huge statement in the room esp. If you can afford larger scaled ones, or do a grouping of lots of smaller ones. I always like to have one good antique piece in every room...this gives the room warmth & character. And most importantly, surround yourself with things you love. Your home should be a reflection of your personality & a place to relax


Me: Do you have any go to paint colors?

Heidi: Currently, I'm loving Ben Moore natural cream. It's a soft pale chalky gray. Sometimes it looks creamy but without any yellow undertones & other times it reads grayish. That is the color I now have throughout my main areas in my home. I've used Manchester tan & grant beige quite a bit ( also Ben Moore). I don't typically go too dark with my walls but for more color I also like Sherwin Williams mindful gray & amazing gray. Some of my favorites have ended up being colors I've mixed together myself to get the perfect shade :)


Me: What are some of your favorite blogs?

Heidi: I have them all listed on my blog, but probably the one I look forward to the most is Cote De Texas. I swear I think we were separated at birth! Joni loves the look of slipcovers, seagrass & French antiques...as do I! Of course I've just recently added My Sweet Savannah to that list :):)



Thank you so much Heidi, this was so much fun!
Now, go check out her blog and start following!
She is moving in to a French Chateau shortly and I know you will all want to see that!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment