~halloween decorating part one~the dining room~

Hello Monday!
How are all of you?
Well, as you know I did a little decorating over the weekend.
Not a ton, but I thought I'd share with you my dining room shelving.
I left my kids' silhouette plates as they were just the right color for my scheme.
I also left up most of the white ironstone platters and my black chalkboard decal.
I added fresh dahlias in oranges and whites, along with some green filler to my dining table.
I used a huge vintage white sap bucket as my vase.
Most of my decorations I picked up at Michael's arts and crafts.

One of the things I used the most of this year is this spanish moss.
It's really inexpensive and I love the natural element and texture it brings
to the display.


I can't remember where I got this toe tag.....

I used some more books with no covers, tied with garden twine.
The spiders
are just the little cheap plastic ones and the crows are from my ever growing collection!


I used a "bag of bones" to stick randomly
in a old chippy wood tote filled with spanish moss.


I found this chart at a local shop and simply taped it to the
front of the existing framed art that was already there.

I filled tureens and urns with moss and cream pumpkins.
I had way more orange faux pumpkins than cream, so I sprayed all the orange ones with cream spray paint so that they would tie in.
Think about this trick if you see old ugly styrofoam pumpkins at thrift stores.

This is Cody's favorite part.


I like how the tarnish on the silver tray adds to the timeworn look I was going for here.
I'll be back shortly with my front porch photos!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment