~decorating for fall with natural elements & a winner~

Sometimes you don't need to look any further than
your own backyard for decorating elements.
This year I wanted my living room to have a real organic
natural feel to it,
decorating with things from around my own yard.
The first thing I did was hang this gorgeous wreath my mom made
{these will be available for purchase at the ruffles and rust show}

I love these!
She collects leaves from around her yard, dries them with
some sort of special process so each leaf is perfectly shaped.
Each wreath takes hours to make, but the final product is gorgeous!
This particular wreath I have had for 3 years now
and it still looks like it did when she gave it to me.

I have this old wire basket that I got at a flea market a while ago.
It is usually filled with books.
I had a ton of spanish moss leftover from my dining room
decorating, so I filled it, letting it spill out the sides and front.
The kids and I walked over to our community garden
yesterday and picked some great pumpkins for this display.
I stole the mum off my front porch and
placed it next to the basket of pumpkins.

And of course, had to add this huge raven!


Orange dahlias add to the color scheme.


I also added some gourds and mini pumpkins I already had.
All the pumpkins and gourds are real,
unlike the ones in my dining room.

Here is a closeup of the wreath made my my mom.
Because they take so long to make, there will only be a few available.....
If anyone does not live in the area and is interested in one, please send me an email.




So that's it.
Very simple.
Very natural.
I also would like to give a huge thanks to this website
for mentioning my blog.
And I have a winner to announce for the dear lillie giveaway.
If you are Julie from just the two of us,
send me an email and you can claim your prize!
I have a couple more fun giveaways planned
for the next couple of weeks too!
If you have an etsy shop or have a fabulous
giveaway you think would be a good fit for my blog, send me an email!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment