~on overload~

Have you ever walked into someones house for the first time and fainted?
Well, that almost happened to me, I swear.
I recently gave new life to a set of vintage chairs
and sold them to a mom on my son's soccer team.
I delivered them a few days back, and oh my!
Can I just say wow?
Prepare yourselves friends for the most amazing home ever!!!
And Jodi, my new BFF, thank you for letting me photograph your home!
I know this won't be the last time we see it,
I know country living is coming a knockin' at your door!
Look at these plaques propped on her kitchen counter,
fabulous right? OK, just wait.
Look at this old tool bench turned kitchen island!
It has a chippy black painted base and grey plank top!
The lighting is Martha Stewart
{very restoration hardware~ish}
and the kitchen counter tops are carrera marble.
Would you believe the cabinets are Ikea?
You walk from the kitchen into the dining room through pocket doors.
Check out that chandelier!
She worked at Pottery Barn for over 10 years,
so many of the pieces in her home are from there.

In the background here you see a whole wall in her
kitchen covered in Pottery Barn magnetic calendar squares.
I love the informal look of it.
And I believe by looking at this photo, she cooks too............
I must have taken 5000 photos of this island.
I wanted to drag it outside and load it into my car.
She probably would think I was a little weird though,
just a little.
She filled all these old glass jars with fresh flowers.
Do you see this one here?
She gave it to me!!!!
Can you believe it?
It's what took her from "new friend" status
to
"bff"
Check out that fridge!
I think you could seriously get away with grocery
shopping once a year with a fridge that size!
Obsessed.
Can you tell?
I love how the bottom is open for storing cookbooks and cutting boards.
Check out that faucet?
Who knew a faucet could make someone drool.
This bottle is sitting in my kitchen now!
Lucky me!
Did someone say subway tile?
My fave.
And then the stalker came out in me.
On my way home from her house I stopped at a flower market and bought dahlias.
When I got home I got online and ordered her apples and jam cookbook.
Yep, I am now officially a stalker.
The whole house smelled like this orange blossom candle.
Check out this vintage chalkboard!
It sits in the family room for the kids to get creative on.
There were vintage pieces everywhere.
I love how she stacked these old frames on her hearth.
She told me this was her Grandfather's table.
How sweet is that?
Dining table.
You can catch a glimpse of the chairs I did for her in the background,
but let's be honest,
who really cares about those chairs at this point?
Jodi, thank you for the oober inspiration you have given me!
I am now off to fluff my own nest!
xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment