~a fun project to do with the kids~

A few days back while it was pouring down rain outside,
the kids and I decided to do a little project.
I got the idea from Pottery Barn where they sell a set of 4 chalkboard rocks for $16.00!
OK, seriously, this project was super easy and FREE! First we gathered rocks from around the yard, this was the fun part for the kids.
Then Cody washed them off inside in the bathroom sink
{which plugged it up with dirt so I recommend doing this part outdoors with the hose!}
Then, instead of using chalkboard paint, we used what we had on hand.

Here is what you will need for this rainy day project:
1} rocks
2} black paint
3} yellow paint, or any other color of your choice
4} paintbrush
5} lots of newspaper

The kids painted all the rocks and we set them by the fire to dry quickly.

I painted on the words the kids gave me, in this case, spooky words.

While I did this part the kids painted other rocks to look like pumpkins.

So, there you have it.

Not too fancy, definitely not Pottery Barn, but fun to make!

xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment