~McCreamy~

Good morning friends!
I have had a lot of questions about my Ikea sofa,
so I thought I'd take the time to answer those now!

Q~How is your Ikea sectional holding up?
A~ It's holding up perfectly. I have had it now for almost a year and have not had anything break or go terribly wrong.
Q~ what color is your sectional?
A~ Ikea calls it Svanby Beige. It's a linen/cotton blend, unlike the white slipcover. Personally I think it has a little "higher end" look because it is a linen blend. To me it looks a little more Pottery Barnish.
Q~ I have 2 boys, is it easy to clean?
A~Yes! Way more so than any other fabric or leather furniture I have owned. The covers slip right off and can be thrown in the wash. I have always hung mine to dry because I am afraid of shrinkage. The larger slipcover section, the one that covers the back, arms, etc. I have never taken off to wash yet. I have found that resolve carpet cleaner works wonders on any spots. When I do wash it I will have to take it to a laundry mat, as it's so large it won't fit in my washing machine. I have had BBQ's where ketchup has been spilled on it and I didn't get to it for a couple hours. It came right out. Our dog lays on it and my messy kids ea fishy crackers and hot dogs on it.
Q~ Is it comfortable?
A~ well, define comfort? Yes, I think it is. No, my husband doesn't think so. We went from having high end really super plus sofa to this, so I think he is just comparing. But I will say, it is rather "hard" Not so much that you want to chop it up and burn it in the fireplace, just not the kind of couch you would want to spend hours on at a time.
Q~I'm debating between the Pottery Barn sofa and the Ikea one. Any suggestions?
A~ Well, I never even really considered getting the Pottery Barn sofa because it was way out of my price range. I did however look at one at JC Penney's that was similar to it and it was about half the price. Not as inexpensive as the Ikea one though.
Q~Do you regret buying it?
A~Nope, not at all! I love it! I especially love the color/texture like I mentioned before. It looks great and the neutral color allows for me to be able to switch out pillows seasonally.
I hope I answered all your questions.
If I left one out, feel free to leave me a comment
and I will reply to you in the same comment section!
xoxo
{photos by my dear friend Kim
who just posted the most fabulous
kitchen on her website,
go check it out!}

0 comments:

Post a Comment