~a magazine made me do it~

When the kids go back to school something
in my brain tells me I need to start thinking about this years Halloween decorations.
I picked up this copy of Better Homes and Gardens
Halloween tricks and treats and immediately starting creating!
It is full of ideas, party ideas, tablescapes, costumes, etc.
One of the projects was this sign.
I customized it with our last name and the year we were married.
I happen to have some old wood scraps lying around so I joined 2 pieces and cut out the shape of this one with a jigsaw.
The vacancy sign is hanging from rusty wire I found in our shed.

I think I will hang it here, so it's the first
thing you will see when you walk up the front steps.


I am thinking I will replace the "happily ever after" sign above our bed for this one,
for the month of October.
This was another piece of scrap wood I had with
a faded grey paint job complete with a few rusty nails.



I can't remember where I saw this saying but I thought it was so fun!
Here lies
Clyde
who
wouldn't
be neat,
He
entered
this
house
without
wiping
his
feet.
In a tombstone shape of course!
I used a new piece of cedar for this one and aged it.

But, my favorite part of the whole magazine
was seeing Debbie's decorations again from last year.
This woman oozes talent!
Check out this years Halloween decorations here.

She goes all out and has given me tons of inspiration.

LOVE this chair!
I am thinking next I will have to do some Halloween pillows, what do you think?


Oh, and for years now I have wanted to do those witch legs but don't want to pay the price for mannequin legs, any ideas for me?
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment