~our weekend part one~Lone Pine~

One of my favorite things about vacations,
whether you are traveling near or far,
is discovering new places.
On our memorial day weekend camping trip we were heading back from the pool,
a road we have driven on for many years.
We happened to stop at this little store along the side of the road.
I am sure we have passed this little place a dozen times over the past years.
The kids needed to eat and it looked quite charming from the road. As you open up the creaky front door you are immediately
struck by the sent of fresh baked bread, bakery items, and ice cream.
3 of my favorite things I might add.
I was in Heaven.

Cute little vintage shelves with their chippy paint were
filled with antiques and new home decor items.
Shelves and shelves of homemade candles added to the beautiful aroma.

There was something for everyone
and
everything was displayed so cute!

They even had farm fresh produce!

Soft gooey chocolate chip cookies, 4 for $1
hum....
did I mention I was in Heaven?

This is an old truck that sits by the road outside
the shop reading
Lone Pine cafe.


You can see why we had to pull in.

The building itself was gorgeous.
It's old.
The older the better right?
I think this is the only time I have enjoyed seeing Christmas
bulbs still strung on a building in late May!

Cody got to eat his ice cream in this wood truck.

The rest of us ate in the sunshine on the deck.
I had chocolate covered espresso beans
and a to die for vanilla latte.
Put Starbucks to shame.
Heaven.
On the counter where you pick up your order there
are stacks of back issues of cottage living and country home.
Double Heaven.


The surrounding gardens were equally spectacular.

Everywhere you looked there was something new to see.

I wonder what the stories are that go with this old tractor?


Tons and tons of colorful flowers, so many varieties.
In the middle of it all was a man made waterfall.
{sorry didn't get a picture of it}


A local artist makes rustic garden sculptures
such as this fish that appeared to be "jumping" in the water.

Everything looked wild,
yet perfectly manicured.

On our way back to the car I spotted this
old barn wood planter with succulents creeping out of the gaps.

And a couple old wheelbarrows filled with annuals.

Fresh fruits and veggies anyone?

I had almost reached the car when I spotted a sign.
"visit our antique porch"
OK,
don't mind if I do.
How cute is this?
Poor husband had to wait in the car for another 30 minutes
with the kids and their dripping ice cream cones.
But I was alone, amongst flowers and antiques, shopping,
and you guessed it,
in
Heaven.

We will make sure to stop at this place again,
every year memorial day weekend.
I hope you all had a great weekend as well.
I will be back with more vacation photos tomorrow!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment