~a perfect summer dinner~

Yesterday was my moms birthday.
She thought she was coming over here
for a family dinner,
but we surprised her with some of her friends too.
It was a great evening.
I made a super simple dinner and it was so good,
the perfect summer dinner!
~Menu~
fish tacos
corn casserole
watermelon salad with lime dressing
black beans
strawberry lemonade
assorted cupcakes
Mix one can evaporated milk with fresh lime juice
and let stand until thickened at room temp.
Store in fridge until ready to serve.
I make fresh pico de gallo, but you can buy store bought.
Chop fresh cabbage and fry up some corn tortillas!
A friend of my husbands gave us fresh halibut he caught in Alaska.
It was so tasty, nothing like fresh fish!
I fried it in a little oil with fresh lime juice and a little taco seasoning.
For a lower fat version try sauteing the fish in nonfat milk,
sounds strange, but it's surprisingly good!



I got this watermelon salad recipe from sunset magazine.
I am usually not a huge fan of watermelon,
but I tell you,
I gobbled this down!


It looks so pretty too!

This is my grandmothers corn casserole recipe.
I make it on Thanksgiving too.
So versatile and it's always a huge hit.
Double this recipe for a large crowd.
I had a picture of it, don't know where it went........
hum


I used fresh black beans and soaked and cooked
them for hours but you can also just do canned black beans.
{think I'll do that next time!}

I also served strawberry lemonade~well, my version of it.
I bought bottled organic lemonade and served it in fancy little glasses with a few chopped strawberries in each one.
Again, super simple, that's the name of the game.


That's my mom on the left and a couple of her friends.
It was our first hot day this summer so we got to dine al fresco.
Ahhh, the lazy days of summer are here.
hallelujah
Hope it's sunny where ever you are!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment