~inexpensive lighting idea~

I felt like our living room needed a little more lighting.
I have these great vintage photos of people fishing
out here at Crystal Lake in the 1940's.
I had them enlarged and framed them in these frames. I went to Ikea and got these super inexpensive wall spotlights.
They plug in so no electrical experience is needed!
I didn't know if they would work, but at $9.99 a piece I took my chance!

They were a little bit too shiny and I wanted
them to blend in more to the walls so I spray
painted them and the cord off white.

I then sanded them a bit and added some aging glaze to make them look older.
They add just the right amount of light and I'm pretty
happy the project came in right around $20.00!
See you tomorrow to announce the winner of my shirt giveaway!
xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment