~kitchen island, step by step~

This is the aging glaze I used. (in brown, by Plaid) Nothing fancy, you could even water down brown paint. I just globbed it on with a foam brush and then wiped off the excess with a damp rag. After we ripped off the rockery, we started with a plain plywood base.
Then we added 1x6" hemlock and trimmed that out with moulding (don't have a pic. with the moulding!)
Once all the woodwork was done, I filled in all the nailgun holes with wood filler.
Let dry, and sand.
Sand any cabinets, it's handy to have a palm sander, makes the job go a lot easier!
Tape off knobs, floor, etc.
Prime. I like Kilz primer in latex.
Paint it out. I used Oatmeal by Ralph Lauren in a satin finish. I then sanded all the edges with my palm sander and then added the glaze.
That's it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment