Tree Farm Day


In 2001 Crystal Lake was named Washington’s tree farm of the year. Every member that lives here at Crystal Lake is a shareholder in our 600 acres of forest in which 250 acres are sustainable tree farms. Each year we all gather as a community to maintain the existing trees, plant new trees, and rehabilitate our existing tree farms.
We all met at 9 am in the pouring down rain and listened to Ron Munro, who is a forester and member of our community, talk about today’s plan. We limbed up trees in a certain area to 21 feet and then tagged them. The kids came and helped and it was a lot of fun. We all got soaking wet and by 12:30 were ready to call it a day! Here are a few shots I captured.
The day started out like this~soggy & muddy

Welcome


Me and the kiddos



Cody and our neighbor friend Andy goofing around




They obviously had better rain gear than me! I got soaked!





A little "how-to" on tree trimming






And a little demonstration







He's such a hard worker!








Me, in black and white. ( Somehow I think it makes my butt look smaller! ha-ha!)









The bonfire kept us all toasty warm!









My friend Trina, remember her? The one with the cute pink house. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, still warm from the oven! Yummy!











And BBQ hot dogs by the grill masters!













Tons and tons of food and hot drinks!












But, the best part of the day is that my baby lost his first tooth!














And, the second best part of the day......
When we came home and got all cleaned up, he handed me another tooth! 2 teeth in one day! I think the tooth fairy brings something special for that right?



Now that we are home, all warm and dry, we are staying in for family movie night with some big bowls of popcorn. I think first we are all going to soak our sore muscles in the hot tub! I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday!














0 comments:

Post a Comment