Kitchen Islands

We are "in the works" to re-vamp our kitchen island. While it is functional, I think it really doesn't match the rest of the kitchen and I would LOVE a different counter top surface!
I have had my eyes on these beauties for a while! They just went on sale too! I don't really "need them" but they sure would look nice with the new island! I wonder how I could sneak these in the house without my husband noticing?! Hum..... Here is the surround of our bar/island now. I know. It doesn't go with the rest of the house. I covered it in rock when I was loving the western/lodge look. I had all the materials (the rock was supposed to go on my son's tree house, and the logs I had left over from another project) so it was easy enough and inexpensive. However a week went by and I realized I wasn't into that look any more. Please tell me I am not the only one who does these crazy impulsive things! Please!

Our bar stools now I like. I do. They have wood legs and are a chocolate brown leather. Maybe I could use these in the winter and the cream ones in Spring/Summer? Seasonal stools, that could be a new thing.


So, I have been researching some different materials and different looks so I can come up with a presentation for my husband! :)



I know I want it to be a little bigger....




Possibly have some open shelving....





Something like this, but in cream.....






I like this but not for my area







This one is enormous!








The one thing my husband has asked for is a beverage fridge at one end~I can do that!~









Nice detailing...










oops, didn't I already put that in?











2 dishwashers, that would be nice too! Yeah right! Now I am dreaming!












This is a beauty but a little too frilly for my husband I am afraid













This is one of my favorites! I love how it steps down and has the basket storage! (Love the lettering SEA too!)














This picture really called out to me. We are also staining our rustic pine floors, probably this color. I like the contrast with the cream island.
I would also love a black soapstone counter top or black honed granite (oh, and a money tree growing in my backyard would be nice!)
What do you think? I need help on this one!
















0 comments:

Post a Comment