~ a chair makeover {under}~

I am sure you have seen this picture somewhere along the way in blogland.
When I saw it I thought, wow that is a great chair!
I must have one.
But wait, I am a cheapskate.
So I went on the lookout at my local thrift stores..... and came up with this!
It wasn't bad to start with, but shiny purple damask just
isn't my cup of tea.
She was $14.99 and I had a $3.00 off coupon!
She went straight into my shopping cart and then sat in my basement until yesterday!
I hauled her out along with many tools,
{I had to remove 5 gazillion upholstery tacks}
and some cream velvet fabric I had laying around.


I went out this morning to a fabric store and bought some trim for under $5, hot glued it on, and
voila!


What do you think?


~Total cost of this project was around $19.00 from start to finish~
I think I saved a ton!
It's not perfect, but neither am I, so we will do good together.
Happy almost Friday friends!
xoxo
p.s. I forgot to mention I also spray painted the frame cream......

0 comments:

Post a Comment