~a chore chart calendar~

School is out today.
And while I love having the kids home I sometimes feel like I am always nagging at them to help clean up around the house. Not only that, but am I the only one who constantly hears, "what are we doing today?"
So, I devised a system that, crossing my fingers, I hope works. 

I painted a giant chalkboard on the wall behind our computer. 
Each day is clearly marked with the days activities, so no more bugging mom right?

 The letters for each day of the week I attached with zots. 
{clear sticky dots you can find in the scrap booking section}
They are vintage wooden letters that I got at a flea market last year. 
I framed out the edges in old moulding from a salvage shop.
 I attached cup hooks from the hardware store to each day 
and added paper luggage tags from the office supply store.
 My kids are gonna kill me for this, but each tag has a job on it.
One side is for Savannah, the other side for Cody. 
Before the leave to go swimming or paddle boarding or whatever for the day,
 their chores need to be done.
They can only take down the tag when the job is done and I have approved it. 
I am such a mean mom.
 Some are super simple.
For example, a lot of Cody's say, "read for 20 minutes"
because for him, reading is a chore.
Some others say~
Match and fold socks, vacuum carpets, clean bathroom sinks, clean out microwave, clear off the counter, take out the garbage, etc. etc. 
 I really hope this works, I will let you know.
Part of me was thinking about putting a $5 bill at each Sunday mark.
But ya know what?
They need to pull their own weight around here too~it'll be good for em! 


Do you have any great tips for keeping your kids in 
check over the summer without having to nag at them?
I'd love to hear and know I'm not the only mean mom, ha ha!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment