~7 father's day diy ideas~

Savannah's bus driver is so sweet.
She called Savannah up to the front of the bus last week.
No, she wasn't in trouble.
Jennifer wanted some DIY ideas for fathers day.
How cute is that? 
So, this post if for you Jennifer, thank you for safely getting my daughter to and from school everyday, and for playing "cool" music on the bus :)
{click on photos to enlarge}


1~ Car wash kit which includes coupons for 3 free washes. Fill a galvanized bucket from the hardware store with a squeegee, car wash soap, wax, a roll of paper towels or a rag, and sea sponges. Attach 3 of  these coupons, {copy to a word doc. and print on card-stock} then have your kids write on it that they will wash his car for free. Great grandparent gift too!

2~ Make a custom gift topper with your dad's photo. Follow this link for helpful tips.

3~ For the nature loving dad, make a custom pencil/pen holder out of a chunk of firewood. I simply cut a piece of firewood to size on my chop saw {make sure your wood is dry} and drilled holes in the top. You can seal with a clear varathane if you'd like.

4~Make a photo book with washi tape and paint chips like I did for Mother's day here.

5~ For the game lover head to your local Dollar Store to pick up plain white mugs. Simply attach letter and number stickers in black to resemble scrabble pieces. 

6~ For the book lover, make journals out of vintage books. Tutorial here.

7~ And finally, another firewood project. This one I simply cut a piece of dry firewood on my chop saw to size, then cut a "slit" again with the chop saw in the center top. I slipped in a instagram photo of me and the Mr. and there you have it!

I hope this inspires you to think outside the box this Father's day!
Time to get creative and give handmade gifts from the heart.
Let me know if you make any of these projects, I'd love to see them!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment