~the tale of two shutters~

Many of you were very perceptive, and picked up
 on a couple new things in our living room from yesterday's post.
I had a few emails about the new addition of these shutters, so I thought I would share.

 A couple of months ago our family took a mini weekend vacation 
east of the mountains, about a 4 hour drive.
It's a very scenic drive and one we take often.
We have our favorite pit stops along the way.
The kids have a favorite diner they like to stop and get milkshakes at, my husband has his favorite fly fishing store he likes to shop at, and I have a favorite antique mall I like.
On this particular trip I didn't buy anything, but these shutters caught my eye and I fell in love.
The only reason I didn't buy them is because we were in a bit of a hurry and didn't have a car with us that was big enough to haul them home, and, I couldn't picture where exactly I'd put them.

 A month or so went by and I kept thinking of these shutters.
 Then came the time for my husband to leave with the guys for the weekend on one of his annual fishing trips.
Ya know, the kind where the guys get together, don't shower for 3 days. 
They drink beer, they burp, and spit.
One of those fun weekends.
 The thought crossed my mind, 
"I wonder if those shutters are still available and if so, I wonder if my husband could pick them up for me on his way home from his fishing trip!?"
Do I dare ask?
Do I dare ask my husband if he'd mind stopping on his way home from camping, car full of men and stinky fish, to stop at an antique mall, and throw some vintage shabby chic shutters on top of all the fishing poles in the back of the truck?
What's the worst thing that could happen?
He'd say no right?
So, do you like my new shutters?
I like them even more now knowing what my husband did to get them home to me.
Throw all those fish back in the sea, cuz I found myself a keeper!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment