~thrifty thursday~ {using products meant for the garbage}

Every memorial day weekend we head to a lake in the mountains with the family.
Not just our family, but most of my husbands sisters go, and their families, and his parents.
This year was a lot of fun.
We hiked, we paddle boarded, we shopped, we swam, golfed, and rode go karts. 
It's a trip our kids always look forward too.
It was also a memorable trip because it will be the last one in 30 some odd years that my in laws will take in their motor home. 
They are putting it up for sale, just getting to be too much for the old folks.
So, how does this relate to thrifty Thursday you ask?

 Well, the last day we were there my mother in law got a big pile of stuff to throw in the garbage. 
This outdoor shower platform thing was one of them.
Just before it landed in the garbage I rescued it, while everyone around me rolled their eyes.
Yep, moms dumpster diving again kids. 
 My mother in law saw garbage, I saw.....
a sign!
 Here's what I did. I cut a piece of 1 x 12 pine to fit on the backside, then stained it grey to match the weathered wood.

 Flipped the "shower pan" over and nailed the piece of stained wood in.
 Then I got out my rubber alphabet stamps and loaded them up with white paint.
 I stamped on the words, 

SO, THERE'S THIS BOY.
 HE KINDA STOLE MY HEART. 
HE CALLS ME MOM.

 Easy peasy.
 I hung it here with pictures of my son surrounding it.
Love.
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment