~thrifty thurdsay~

This weeks project shows you how you can re-use an old picture frame and give it a new life.
I'm going to start out with the after this week....

 This is what it started out life as.
Your ordinary wood picture frame, purchased at a thrift store for $4.99.
 Then the fun part, going to the craft store.
I really didn't know even what I was going to do with this frame up until about 2 pm yesterday when I walked into the store.
That is where I saw this metal {1/2} basket.
I brought my frame with me, which was helpful, and it turned out to be the perfect fit.
I grabbed some paper, ribbon, flowers, and other odds and ends and came home to get to work.

The first thing I did {which I didn't get a picture of}
was to paint the glass inside the frame with chalkboard paint.
While that was drying I used DARK Annie Sloan wax and went over the whole frame. It really made it look much richer, and it started to take on a Pottery Barn~ish look! )


 I screwed the basket onto the bottom.
Then I added paper and burlap flowers, and a little twine.
 I printed out a label I found on the Graphics Fairy website,
  and added it to the label holder on the front.
 Once the chalkboard 
{glass piece} 
was back in place, I added a little book, some papers, and odds and ends, and hung it on the wall.



 I probably spent about $20 total, but you could do it for less with things you have laying around.

What do you think?
I kinda like it!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment