~a new color on our dining room table~

When I bought new chairs for our dining table it never occurred to me until I brought them home that our unfinished wood table would suddenly look orange.
I lived with it like that for a while but just couldn't take it anymore.
I tried a pin on pinterest to age the wood using steel wool and vinegar.
Didn't work~at all.
So, off to Home Depot I went and I came home with a $4 can of weathered grey stain.
Well, what do you know?
It was the perfect color.
{click on pictures to enlarge}
I love how they actually go together now!
 I got the grain sack table runner from Dreamy Whites.
I have a slight crush on it.
I also got a new rug after seeing it in the latest 
Better Homes and Gardens magazine. 
Can you say IMPULSIVE?
I love it though and it was very inexpensive.
I fell in love with the house in the magazine. 
It was neutral with bits of orange.
As you can see, I hopped on that train too and added a vintage educational chart from one of my favorite shops Joyworks. It has just the right amount of orange.


 Here is a side by side with the before on the left.
I am so happy with the change and the fact that the table makeover cost under 
$20 including the stain and the wax stripper.
I hope you like the after!

FREE SHIPPING IN MY ETSY STORE ENDS TOMORROW!
ENTER
FREESHIPPING
AT CHECKOUT!
xoxo

UPDATE:
I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS ON PRODUCTS USED, SO HERE WE GO!
I USED THIS GEL STRIPPER ON THE TOP WHERE I HAD PREVIOUSLY APPLIED WAX. TOOK IT RIGHT OFF, NO HARSH SMELL.
STAIN COLOR IS WEATHERED GRAY. 
I SIMPLY BRUSED ON AND WIPED OFF WITH PAPER TOWELS.
YOU CAN BUY IT HERE.
HOPE THIS HELPS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment