~decorating with white dishes~

 After taking down my Christmas decor 
{finally}
I wanted to give my dining room shelving a fresh clean look.
So, I opted for white dishes and a bit of green and black to keep it from looking too stark.
 I added a simple photograph of a cow in a black frame with a white matte.
 The dishes are a mix of old and new.
 I have a lot of vintage white ironstone I have displayed, but it is also mixed in with dollar store plates and pottery barn white dishes.
 The apples seem to liven things up a bit, and you know I love the color green!
 If you are new to my blog, you might be interested to know that I made these shelves out of ripping an old door in half on a table saw. I simply attached them to brackets I bought at Home Depot, and painted them same color as the wall.
{Ralph Lauren Oatmeal}
 I mixed cream and white.
I really think it's OK to do this, it adds interest and everyone knows there are many shades of white.
 I still may hang a plate or two.
I have yet to find my plate hangers.....
 My favorite dishes are the ones with the scalloped or ruffly edges.
I think come Valentines day it would be fun to throw a few pink flowers in here.
 I hope you are having a great weekend!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment