~I made a coffee table, and some new things~

 Remember this post?
I had found this vintage chicken crate and brought it into the store.
BUT, the photo from that post kept haunting me.
You see, the ottomans that I had as a coffee table were sold to a friend who wanted them badly, more than me, and they look great in her home. 
So, in need of a coffee table, I brought her home and turned it into a functional piece of furniture.
 A good friend of mine gave me the old casters.
{thanks Heather!}
I made the top out of barn wood found in my neighbors yard.
{yes, I had permission to take it!}
I sanded it down and applied some Annie Sloan clear wax and screwed it to the top.
I'm very happy with how it turned out.
My husband is happy because he now has a hard flat surface to set a drink on, unlike the ottomans!
 I wasn't too particular in the wood I selected. I just made sure it was all the same thickness.
I also let it thoroughly dry out and I cleaned it up really well too.
As you know, one project leads into another, right?
Well, I found these lamps at TJ Maxx and knew they'd be perfect for this spot.
My husband and I have had a hard time agreeing on lamps, and these we actually both like!
I was lucky enough to find a bunch of old photos from our neighborhood, Crystal Lake.
Some date back to the 1800's.
I copied them at my local copy center and framed them in a grid using Ribba frames from Ikea.


 These photos the other day had me really wanting a little pattern and color.
I saw this great blue print shower curtain, yes, shower curtain,  at TJ Maxx, brought it home, and turned it into pillows. The little bit of blue makes me happy every time I walk into the room.
 They happen to match my velvet Pottery Barn pillows perfectly too.
 Harley helped me distress the corner of the coffee table.
What a good puppy, such a big help.

 So, that's it.
What do you think?
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment