~living room styling and a few new goodies~

 As I mentioned yesterday, my friend Stephanie came over and helped me style a few things in my house.
One area that I couldn't quite complete is this console table behind my sofa.
I love the table, it's really long and I got it at one of my favorite flea markets.
I recently got the sconces and mirror from Restoration Hardware 
{gotta love that outlet!} 
Well, Stephanie worked her magic and came up with a beautiful, rustic, simple display, perfect for summer!

 Just to the right of our fireplace is this little table that houses all our television components.
{it's twin is on the opposite side of the fireplace and houses dvd's, wii remotes, etc. and our parakeets call the top of it their home~ in their cage of course!}
On top she used the oil of the ship I found at a thrift store recently, a old globe {love decorating with these} and a few candlesticks and flowers in a old glass jar.
 She also visually expanded the space by adding my wood cherubs to the wall behind the sofa.
You might remember them from this post.
I also added a cowhide rug and switched out my wood "trunk" coffee table for these ottomans.
I recently had the pair recovered in grain sacks I bought from here.


 A and  D Upholstery did a great job on these.
Angie from A and D is also the one that did these chairs in my dining room.
If you are local and want her info. just shoot me an email.
She is very affordable, professional, and best of all, fast!
{she did these in 3 days}
 She used the left over grain sack material on the reverse for the welting. The darker color is a nice contrast to the lighter color. 
Because I ran short on grain sack material and only had enough to do the welting and the tops, we used inexpensive drop cloth material for the sides. 
She finished them off with a heavy coat of upholstery grade protectant so that when Cody eats his corn dogs with ketchup on them, I won't have a heart attack.
 The grain sacks are different, but they are both German and have a faded grey design and lettering. One is full of patches, which I think gives it so much character. 
The other one I simply chose because it has the number 3 on it and that is "our" favorite number. :)
I think having these large ottomans together as a coffee 
table actually visually make the room appear larger. 
And that's all for today folks, I am off as I promised my daughter a trip to the mall today.....
Happy weekend!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment