~goodwill hunting~

One of my favorite ways to spend the day is to go thrifting.
There is nothing like finding a treasure for next to nothing.
Yesterday I spent 7 hours driving from thrift store to thrift store, and I came home with some great finds. Some I will keep, some I will sell.
The first place I hit when I go to these stores is the home section. I look at the furniture, the lamps, the linens and the accessories, in that order, really.
Don't ask me why.
 Recently I discovered that goodwill has a blog!
They have contributors that share ideas on turning trash into treasures.
Like this trunk above for example.
I see these all the time at thrift stores.
Look how fabulous it looks in this bedroom and think of all the extra storage!
Tea cups are a dime a dozen as well.
You can organize your jewelry in a drawer like shown here, or stock up for a little girls tea party.
 I like to use old ashtrays for my jewelry storage.
I know that sounds weird, but I collect white milk glass ashtrays.
{and truth be told, they don't look like ashtrays, more like cute little bowls that are the perfect size for rings and earrings}
I like how how this photo shows one being used for car keys.
 And, thrift stores are a great resource for old books!
I always look for old sheet music, children's books with old graphics, and antique books for decorative purposes.
Framing book pages is a clever, inexpensive way for instant unique wall art.
 My next mission:
~to start a collection of old globes~
Love them and how they look when grouped together.
I go thrifting one to two times a week, sometimes more.
My kids are at the age where it is "not cool" anymore, so I usually go while they are at school.
My husband won't go with me either.
He said those places smell bad.
Whatever.
Good thing I have friends that share my passion.
all photos courtesy of wow goodwill.
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment