~summers at the lake~

I love where we live.
I've said it 100 times, and I'll say it again.
The kids got up early on the 4Th and went fishing.
My husband sent me a text saying....
"lattes on the beach"
He wasn't kidding.
My neighbor had run an extension cord from his house
to the end of the dock and was serving people
lattes that pulled up in their boats!
Another neighbor even made fresh banana
muffins and was rowing them over to accompany the lattes.
Now that's what I call a great community!

We have had such lovely weather lately.
The kids have kept themselves busy swimming, fishing,
and jumping off the neighbors diving board into the lake.
{no, I do not let the kids bring home their catch
of the day just in case you were wondering} I feel so incredibly lucky to live in such a great place.
I feel even luckier that my kids get to grow up doing all the things they get to do here.
The kids swim all day and I dangle my feet off the end
of the dock into the water
reading my magazines.
We have miles and miles of hiking and biking trails
behind our home so we don't
have to go far for a little exercise.
We have parties at the lodge and have outdoor movie nights every Friday night in August.
But, it's not just the summers that I love out here.
In the winter if we are lucky the lake will freeze over and we can all go ice skating and play ice hockey.
It truly is a wonderful place to live.
p.s. my next door neighbors house is for sale~email me if you are interested!
It's gone down from 1.3 mil to $600,000!
xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment