~heartbroken~

This is a hard post to write.
My Grandpa passed away last night in his sleep.
He lived a good long life.
He had a passion for gardening and had a beautiful dahlia garden.
He loved his family, his kids, and his grand kids.
He was so incredibly funny, even towards the end when he was in so much pain, he still joked around.
One thing I remember about him is that every year at Christmas he always put up outdoor lights.
All over the house and in the trees.
Over the years as he got older, he would just put them in the trees where he didn't have to climb on a ladder, but he always put them out.
He did this for all the kids.
He was completely unselfish.
We spent our summers growing up going swimming in his pool.
It was always a treat to visit him.
I saw him a couple days ago and as I left I thought to myself that that might be the last time I would see him.
I am sad to say it was.
I'll miss him so much.
He was a great man who filled many lives with happiness.
love you Grandpa...
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment