~marne~

My good friend Marne called me up a couple of days ago in a dilemma about what to do for curtains in her kitchen eating area. She has really tall ceilings and all the drapes she could find that she liked either had to be custom ordered, or cost a small fortune. I suggested using drop cloths from Home Depot. I think she thought I had lost my mind. However, she didn't have much to lose (I think she ended up getting some at Walmart for under $10.00) so she went for it! Look at the results! Can you believe those are drop cloths? OK, EVERYONE'S DOING IT, what are you waiting for? Feeling crafty, she took on another project. I told her about a cute table runner I saw on Layla's blog (the lettered cottage)
Look what she whipped up!

The girl does know how to sew! She hemmed the edges neatly and then printed out a monogram on transfer paper and ironed it on! I think both projects cost under $20.00! Wow!

Sew, sew, sew, proud of you Marne! Ha-ha, I crack myself up!


0 comments:

Post a Comment