~raspberry orange muffins~oh my!~

As you probably know by now, I love to bake. I am trying out some new muffin recipes as I was elected to bring in pastries for the teachers during teacher appreciation week at the kids' elementary school. I still love my blueberry muffins, but these are a close runner up!
Raspberry – Orange Muffins
1 6 ounce package raspberries
1 ¾ cups white flour (or whole wheat if you prefer)
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup sour cream (or plain yogurt if you prefer)
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup veg. oil (I use Enova)
2-3 teaspoons grated orange zest (about 1 orange)
¼ cup orange juice
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.2. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners or coat with cooking spray.3. Rinse and drain berries. Pat dry with paper towel.4. Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl.5. Combine sour cream, brown sugar, oil, zest, juice and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour until partially moistened. Add raspberries and stir in gently until evenly mixed. Do not over-stir.6. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full.7. Bake 20 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.8. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Serve warm or remove and place on wire rack to cool completely

0 comments:

Post a Comment