Burlap Coffee Chair

This is the first time I have ever tried anything like this. I started with this chair. I got it at a thrift store for $6.99! It wasn't bad, but the fabric was a little dated. I ripped off the old "skirt" and went to work armed with a
staple gun
hammer
nail heads (had these laying around)
and
2 burlap coffee bags I bought off ebay for $2.00! The coffee bags I bought are from Guatemala which has great meaning to me as my nephew was adopted from there! I had fun cutting these up, making sure I used the parts that said "Guatemala"
Every now and then a lonely little coffee bean would fall out and I would reminisce about my trip there......
OK, back to the project! I covered the legs first. Doesn't she have pretty legs? I think so.


Then I covered the seat (do you see the mess in the background getting bigger and bigger?)


Then Cody got a hold of my camera......great action shot :)








I finished off the edges where the staples showed with these nailheads. They are not straight, but perfection was not the name of the game here!




I tucked in the "skirt" to make it look a little more frilly. Plus I wanted to show off those gorgeous legs!







What do you think?






And what is it about digging into projects when the hubby goes out of town? Do you find yourself doing the same thing?
p.s. the whole project cost under $15.00!!!









0 comments:

Post a Comment