~failed~

I get a big fat F on this project.
Remember this picture?
I fell in love with this whole look.
 So, I got the wild idea to paint the apron on my farm table to mimic the one in the picture.
I used 2 greens I had on hand, I think they were mis~tints from long ago.
Then I added a ton of Annie Sloan dark wax.

 I LOVE the color, only problem is, it doesn't match the rug at all.
That's what I get for diving into a project without thinking it through!
Luckily I only did this one short side, so I can easily sand it off or paint over it.
 So, that's the million dollar question.
Do I keep going with the paint, only use a different color?
Or, leave the table au natural? 

{You can see more of our dining room by clicking on the dining room link on the right hand side of this page.}
Thanks for your input!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment