~DIY picture frame~

 I wanted to show you a frame I made that was super simple!
I had this blank wall in our master closet that I knew I wanted a large piece of art for. 
I also had this photo of our daughter when she was 2 that I made from a Polaroid print,
 manipulating it using a water technique.

 I only wish I still remembered how to do this.

It's always been framed in this black frame with white matte. 
I decided to marry this framed photo with a piece I created using a large piece of pine, a stencil, and some paint.
  I painted a piece of large pine wood from Home Depot.
It measures about 24" square
{the frame on the inside measures about 10" square}
The background color is country grey by Annie Sloan, it's kind of a mushroom color.
I then added a damask stencil using black paint.
I got my stencil here.
 When it was dry I lightly sanded the whole piece and gave it a coat of Annie Sloan clear wax.
Then, all that was left to do was use a heavy duty glue, like liquid nails, to attach the frame to the center, and let dry overnight.
Just remember to pick a photo that you won't want to change out, as it is glued on for good! 
I hung it over a coat rack I made from an old piece of salvaged moulding and little wire hooks.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment